Manchester United's caretaker manager Michael Carrick said Tuesday's 2-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League was a huge boost for the players due to their recent poor form which led to the departure of Ole Gunnar Solskare.
United are in the last 16 with their first win in four games in all competitions, and Carrick, who has been in charge since the dismissal of Solscazar on Sunday, said the win was for the players.
"It doesn't matter to me tonight ... I have a responsibility to stay here and lead the team, and I'm proud of that," Carrick said.
"It was an emotional few days. The first person I spoke to when it happened and (United's executive vice-chairman) Ed (Woodward) asked me to take on the role was to see what Ole was thinking about it, because I felt it. করেছি It worked.
"The result of our run is a big plus, we can't hide it. The feeling of winning the match again is huge for the players ... I'm glad."
Manchester United, eighth in the Premier League with 17 points from 12 games, went to league leaders Chelsea on Sunday.

0 Comments