England all-rounder Ben Stokes has been added to the squad for the upcoming Ashes tour of Australia, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Monday.
Stokes took an indefinite break from cricket in July to focus on his mental health, as well as recovering from a second operation with a broken finger, and was not included in coach Chris Silverwood's starting squad for the series.
However, the ECB said in a statement that the 30-year-old has received the green light to resume practice and will leave for Australia on 4 November.
Stokes, who has played 61 Tests for England, said: "I took a break to prioritize my mental health and I adjusted my finger.
"I'm looking forward to seeing my teammates and being on the field with them. I'm ready for Australia."
The five-Test Ashes series will start on December 6 in Brisbane. Australia last held the Ashes in England in 2019 after a 2-2 series draw.
Stokes played a Test match against India last March and was not considered for selection for the ongoing T20 World Cup, where England defeated defending champions West Indies in their opening match.

0 Comments